Basic Information of:
· Product Name: Food Grade Purple sweet potato pigment Powder
· Latin Name: Ipomoea Batatas Poir
· Part Used: Fruit
· Active Ingredient: Anthocyanin
· Test Mothod: UV/HPLC
· Extraction method:water extraction
what is Purple Sweet Potato Color ?
Sweet potatoes or camotes are often found in Moche ceramics.
Several selections are cultivated in gardens as ornamental plants for their attractive foliage, including the dark-leafed cultivars \'Blackie\' and \'Ace of Spades\' and the chartreuse-foliaged \'Margarita\'.
Cuttings of sweet potato vine, either edible or ornamental varieties, will rapidly form roots in water and will grow in it, indefinitely, in good lighting with a steady supply of nutrients. For this reason, sweet potato vine is ideal for use in home aquariums, trailing out of the water with its roots submerged, as its rapid growth is fueled by toxic ammonia and nitrates, a waste product of aquatic life, which it removes from the water. This improves the living conditions for fish, which also find refuge in the vast root systems.
The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the family Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are an important root vegetable.
Purple sweet potato pigment, a purely natural and water-soluble color, is extracted from purple sweet potatothat, and is rich in anthocyanin. This natural edible pigment can be used in the coloring of food and drinks, medicine, health products,textile and toys etc.
Application of of extract:
1. It is fit for dyeing or complementary color of wine, soda pop, fruit drink, jam, candy and so on;
2. It is fit for dyeing or complementary color of lipstick, shampoo ,rouge in cosmetics industry;
3. It can take place of chemosynthetic pigment and produce colourful drugs in drugs industry