wedge wire screen used in water treatment
In water treatment, wedge wire screen used in demineralization, softening, ion exchange, gravity and pressure filtration. OASIS wedge wire screen is used in these processes to collect or distribute the treated liquid, to retain the treatment media, to filter solids.
The welded stainless steel wedge wire screen is made up of rods and profile wire.
The rod can be round wire, triangular wire or trapezoid wire. The profile wire is triangular wire (V-shaped wire).
This type of wedge wire screen has a structure and high open area, as well as accurate slot dimension.
The wire is attached to the rods by welding, producing rigid one-piece units having high strength characteristics at minimum weights.
Slot opening for screens are manufactured by spacing successive turns of the outer wire to produce the desired slot size.
All slots should be clean and free of burrs and cuttings.
Each slot opening between adjacent wires is V-shaped, from the special shape of wire used to form the screen surface.
The V-shaped openings designed to be non-clogging, narrowest at the outer face and widen inwardly.
2. Features & Benefits
1. V-Shaped Slots — Openings shaped like a “v” that open toward the inside of the well tend to allow the particles that are just barely smaller than the width of the slot pass. In other shapes of openings, these particles would get caught in the screen and clog it.
2. Very Large Open Area — This design gives continuous slot and hence the open area for water to enter is more than 2 times that of conventional slotted pipes of any size and slot opening. This allows more water to enter at much lesser frictional head loss and the efficiency of tube well is improved appreciably.
3. Low maintenance costs — Separation at the screen surface which can easily cleaned by scraping or back washing.
4. Maximum process output — Precise and continuous slot openings resulting in accurate separation without loss off media.
5. Chemical and thermal resistant — A variety of corrosion resistant stainless steel materials and many exotic alloys suitable for high temperatures and pressures. Each slot opening between adjacent wires is V-shaped, resulting from the special shape of the wire used to form the screen surface. The V-shaped openings, designed to be non-clogging, are narrowest at the outer face and widen inwardly. Continuous-slot screens provide more intake area per unit area of screen surface than any other type. For any given slot size, this type of screen has maximum open area.
4. Technical Data
Slot size (mm): 0.10, 0.15, 0.2, 0.25, 0.30-3, also custom sizes to meet specific requirements.
Open area: up to 60%.
Material: Low Carbon, Low Carbon Galvanized steel (LCG), Steel treated with plastic spraying and Stainless Steel Steel( 304, 304L, 316, 316L, etc.).
Length: up to 6 meters.
Diameter: from 25 mm to 1200 mm
Welcome to contact with us for more details.